Tarragon Chicken Salad with Grapes & Georgia Pecans
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 15 min., Cooking Time: 12 min.
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound thin-sliced boneless, skinless chicken
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh or dried tarragon
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups seedless chopped green grapes
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3/4 cup Georgia pecan halves, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 5 cups mixed salad greens (optional)
In a medium saucepot, heat water and 1/4 teaspoon salt to a low simmer. Add chicken and cook 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let chicken stand in cooking water 7 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool completely.
Meanwhile, to make dressing, combine lemon juice, mustard, tarragon, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Whisk in olive oil until blended.
When chicken has cooled, slice pieces crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips. Place chicken in a large bowl, add the grapes and celery, and stir in dressing. Just before serving, mix in pecans. Serve, if desired, on top of salad greens.
Nutrition information per serving: Calories: 546; Protein: 39g; Carbohydrate: 22g; Fiber: 4g; Total Fat: 34g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 96mg; Sodium: 284mg.