Spinach Salad with Oranges Georgia Pecans and Pancetta
Tender baby spinach leaves, available pre-washed and packaged in supermarket produce sections, are the best choice for this salad. Mature raw spinach is a bit too tough.
- 3 seedless oranges
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup toasted Georgia pecan halves, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup chopped pancetta (or smoked pork loin)
- 1/2 cup prepared balsamic vinaigrette
- Peel oranges and trim away white pith; divide into sections. Reserve 20 sections for garnish. Coarsely chop remaining sections.
- Combine spinach, pecans, and the chopped orange in a large bowl and reserve.
- Over high heat, brown pork pieces on all sides. Add to spinach mixture. Add vinaigrette to hot skillet just to warm—about half a minute—then pour over spinach and toss well. Divide among plates and garnish with orange sections and pecan halves.
Nutrition information per serving—calories: 353; protein:9; carbs: 20g; saturated fat: 4g; monounsaturated fat: 11g; polyunsaturated fat: 11g; cholesterol: 12mg; fiber: 5g; sodium: 524mg.