Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette and Pecans
- 1 quart Brussels sprouts shaved thinly by hand or on small mandolin
- 1 cup roasted pecan halves, slightly broken up
- 1 cup shaved pecorino Romano cheese (or parmesan)
- 1/2 cup pulled flat-leaf parsley, lightly chopped
- 1/4 cup Dijon Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
In a medium salad bowl, toss the Brussels sprouts, pecans, cheese and parsley. Add the vinaigrette, toss, season, and plate.
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
Put the mustard in a small heavy bowl that won’t move around when you start whisking. Slowly whisk in the olive oil to emulsify. If it gets too thick, dilute with a touch of water. Once the oil is incorporated, add the lemon juice and vinegar, season to taste and finish with the parsley.