Mediterranean Georgia Pecan/Chicken Salad
- Serves 4
An easy, satisfying one-dish meal for anytime of year.
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 14-oz. total)
- 3 cups cooked, flavored saffron rice
- 5 medium tomatoes, cut into thin wedges (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 large garlic clove, minced (about 1/2 teaspoon)
- 2 cups mixed field salad greens
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon chopped Georgia pecans
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F or prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Season chicken with salt and pepper. Roast or grill chicken just until cooked through, about 15 minutes. Cool. Cut chicken into 1/2-inch wide strips.
In large bowl, combine tomatoes, basil, olive oil, lemon juice and garlic. Let stand at room temperature 20 minutes. Add rice and chicken to bowl and stir to blend. Toss with 1/2 cup pecans. Spoon salad into center of platter; surround with field greens. Garnish with remaining 1 tablespoon pecans. Serve salad at room temperature.