Mediterranean Chopped Salad with Georgia Pecans
- Serves 6
- Prep time: 15 min., Cooking time: 10 min.
Serve this colorful, hearty salad with your favorite Italian dressing. For convenience, the ingredients can be prepared an hour before serving, but once assembled the salad should be served promptly.
- 12-oz. package cooked chicken sausage, preferably seasoned with herbs
- 6-oz. bunch arugula, rinsed and patted dry
- 8.5-oz. jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil and herbs
- 8-oz. fresh mozzarella, cut in small cubes
- 2/3 cup chopped Georgia pecans, toasted
Grill or pan-fry chicken sausage until browned. Set aside to cool slightly.
Coarsely chop arugula and spread on a large serving platter. Arrange sun-dried tomatoes, mozzarella, and pecans in alternating diagonal rows, leaving space for rows of sausage.
When sausage is cool enough to handle, slice crosswise into bite-size chunks; arrange on platter. Drizzle with your favorite Italian-style dressing and serve.
Nutrition information per serving (without dressing): calories: 420 ; protein: 30g; carbohydrate: 27g; saturated fat: 6g; monounsaturated fat: 10g; polyunsaturated fat 4g; cholesterol: 69mg; fiber: 8g; sodium: 873mg.