Margie’s Chicken Salad
- Serves 10
- Prep time: 30 min.
Georgia pecan grower Buddy Leger of Cordele, Ga., says this chicken salad made by his wife Margie is a winner and a favorite in their home.
- 5 cups cooked chopped chicken
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups salad dressing or mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 cups chopped apple, with peel left on
- 2 cups Georgia pecan halves
- 1 cup sweet pickle relish
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large bowl combine chicken, celery and salad dressing or mayonnaise. Add apple, pecans, pickle relish and eggs, if desired. Mix until well combined. Season with salt and pepper, if needed. Serve over lettuce leaves.