Georgia Pecan Couscous Salad
- Serves 6
- Prep time: 40 min.
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup couscous (see note)
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted Georgia pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped (about 2 cups)
- 4-oz. feta cheese, crumbled
Bring chicken stock to a boil in saucepan.
Place couscous in large mixing bowl and stir boiling stock over. Stir and let rest about 15-20 minutes, or until all the stock has been absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Fold in toasted pecans and set aside.
Meanwhile, place parsley, oil, lemon juice, oregano and salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl and whisk together. Add tomatoes and crumbled feta cheese.
Pour dressing mixture over couscous, stirring to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning.
Chill 30 minutes prior to serving.
Note: Couscous is granulated, coarsely ground semolina flour. It is found in the natural foods section of supermarkets.
Per serving: 373 calories, 25 g fat, (6 g saturated), 17 mg cholesterol, 30 g carbohydrate, 330 mg sodium.