Avocado & Arugula with Grapefruit Vinaigrette
- Serves 4
- 1 - 2 heads of Bibb lettuce washed and patted dry
- 1 bunch of arugulas
- 2 avocados, peeled and segmented, reserve excess juice
- 1 cup green grapes, seeded and halved, may be peeled
- 1/2 cup julienned red pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives or Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup Georgia pecans, toasted
On four chilled plates equally divide the Bibb and arugula.
On the bed of greens, arrange the avocado slices and grapefruit segments.
Garnish with the grapes and red pepper. Combine the ingredients for the dressing and drizzle over the entire salad.
Add a final garnish of the minced chives or parsley and the toasted pecans. Serve chilled.
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reserved fresh grapefruit juice
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
Combine the ingredients for the dressing.