Asparagus & Roasted Pepper Salad with Toasted Georgia Pecans
- Serves 4
A generous sprinkle of Georgia pecans gives this vegetable-rich salad a hearty crunch and more complex flavor-without any fuss.
- 20 thin asparagus spears
- 12-oz. jar roasted peppers, preferably red and yellow mixed, drained
- 2/3 cup chopped toasted Georgia pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1-1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sherry or wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 pound mixed salad greens
Break off tough ends of asparagus. Heat 1 inch of water to boiling in a deep skillet. Add asparagus and cook two minutes to blanch. Drain and transfer asparagus to bowl of ice water to quickly chill. Drain and set aside or wrap and refrigerate until serving.
In a medium bowl, stir together peppers, pecans, and basil. In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, and salt to blend; whisk in oil to make dressing. To serve, mound salad greens in center of serving platter; arrange asparagus in two clusters on opposite sides of greens. Spoon pecan mixture over greens and asparagus; drizzle dressing over all.
Nutrition information per serving-protein: 6g; fat: 25 g; saturated fat: 3g; carbohydrate: 19g; fiber: 6g; sodium: 263 mg; cholesterol: 0; calories: 324.