Toasted Georgia Pecan-Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 15 min., Cook: 20 min.
- 2 cups 1% reduced-fat milk
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup chopped Georgia pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon honey or brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Toppings: Chopped Georgia pecans, toasted; milk, honey or brown sugar
Bring milk to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in quinoa, cranberries and butter. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until quinoa is tender and liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/3 cup chopped toasted GEORGIA PECANS and next 3 ingredients.
Spoon 1 cup quinoa mixture into each of 2 bowls. Top each serving with additional chopped toasted GEORGIA PECANS, milk, honey or brown sugar, as desired.
Nutrition Profile (without toppings): 350 calories, 14 g total fat, 3.5 g saturated fat, 15 mg cholesterol, 70 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrates, 4 g fiber, 12 g protein.