Spring Tuna & Georgia Pecan Pesto Pasta
- Serves 4
- Prep time: 15 min.
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon Cholula Hot Sauce
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup Georgia Pecans
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 4 cups cooked bow tie pasta, cooked al dente and cooled
- 2 6-oz. cans of Chicken of the Sea® Chunk Light Tuna - drained
To make the Pecan Pesto, put the garlic, chopped cilantro, hot sauce, lemon, salt and pepper in a blender or food processor. Using the pulse button, slowly chop up the ingredients in the blender, but do not puree.
Thru the opening on the top of the blender or food processor, slowly add the 1/2 cup olive oil, pulsing at the same time.
Remove the top of the blender or your food processor and add the Georgia Pecans and Romano cheese. Pulse to combine and chop the pecans into small pieces.
In a large sauté pan over medium high heat, add the 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the red pepper strips, yellow pepper strips and green onion and cook for 1 minute. Add the cooked bow tie pasta, toss and cook for another minute.
Add the Pecan Pesto to the pan, combine and turn off heat. Add the drained Chicken of the Sea® Chunk Light Tuna and combine. Serve and enjoy.