Roast Pork with Georgia Pecan Relish
- Serves 4-6
- 1 5-pound fresh picnic roast or pork loin
- 1/2 cup brown sugar mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered cloves
- salt & pepper
- Georgia Pecan Relish
- 1 cup Georgia Pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1 12-oz. package fresh cranberries, rinsed and chopped fine
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 cup green onion, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier Liquor
- 1/2 cup sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Place the pork roast in a roasting pan, fat-side up. With a sharp knife, make a cross pattern over the top of the roast, only cutting into the roast a half inch.
Mix together the brown sugar, water and cloves. Brush the mixture over the roast. Season with salt & pepper.
Place the roast in the oven and cook for approximately 2 hours. Check with a meat thermometer and remove the roast from the oven when it reaches 170 degrees F. Let the roast sit for 10 - 20 minutes before slicing.
To toast the pecans, heat a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the pecans and flip to toast evenly. Don’t over toast the pecans or they will become bitter. Cool the pecans and chop.
In a bowl blend together all the pecan relish ingredients. This can be done up to a day in advance.
Slice pork and serve with a side of Georgia Pecan Relish. Garnish with pecans and serve with favorite side dishes. Happy Holidays!
For more delicious recipes and information for The Clever Cleaver Brothers TAILGATIN’ DVD, visit www.clevercleaver.com