“Play Action Pass” Scallops
- Serves 6
- 6 sea scallops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- salt & black pepper as needed
- 6 small portabella mushrooms rubbed lightly with olive oil
- 6 whole Georgia Pecans, for garnish
- Marscapone cheese filling
- 1/2 cup Marscapone cheese – can substitute by blending 1/4 cup sour cream & 1/4 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped Georgia Pecans
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
Place the sea scallops in a plastic container and rub with olive oil, lemon juice, dill and salt & pepper. Cover and hold in refrigerator until you are ready to grill.
Clean and dry the portabella mushrooms and remove the stems. Rub lightly with olive oil. Hold until you are ready to grill.
In a container, combine the Marscapone Cheese Filling ingredients. Cover the container and hold in the refrigerator until you are ready to grill.
Preheat your Coleman Road Trip GRILL® to medium. Place the mushrooms and scallops on the hot grill and cook for 4 minutes on each side.
Turn the mushrooms on the grill so the open side is up. Distribute the Marscapone Cheese Filling into each mushroom cap and place a grilled scallop on top of the filling in each mushroom. Continue to cook for an additional 3 minutes or until you see the Marscapone Cheese Filling begin to boil.
Remove from the grill and top each mushroom with a Georgia Pecan & dill sprig. Enjoy.