Penne with Wild Mushrooms, Georgia Pecans & Country Ham
- Serves 6
A wonderfully rich and earthy-tasting pasta dish that needs nothing more than a fresh green salad to accompany it.
- 1 pound uncooked penne pasta
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter or extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 cups wild mushrooms (oyster, shitake, chanterelle), sliced 1/3-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons very finely diced country ham
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup lightly toasted Georgia Pecans
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano cheese
Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat butter or oil in large skillet over high heat; add mushrooms. Sauté until lightly browned and tender—about 5 minutes. Add garlic and season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in ham and toss well. Pour in heavy cream and simmer for 3 minutes.
When pasta is cooked, drain well and add to mushroom mixture. Sprinkle in pecans and cheese, mixing well; simmer 1 - 2 minutes until creamy and well coated. Serve.
Nutrition information per serving: calories: 927; protein: 20g ; carbs: 80g ; saturated fat: 23g ; monounsaturated fat: 28g ; polyunsaturated fat: 6g ; cholesterol: 119mg ; fiber: 8g ; sodium: 291mg.