Pasta with Lemon, Parsley & Georgia Pecan Pesto
- Serves 4
- 3/4 cup Georgia Pecans (chopped or halves)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup packed fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dry seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 10-oz. dry pasta
- Freshly ground black pepper
Heat a small skillet over medium heat; add pecans and toast lightly. Transfer pecans to blender or food processor. In same skillet, heat oil over medium heat and sauté garlic 1 minute. Add garlic and oil to pecans.
Add parsley, Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, and lemon zest to pecan mixture. Process or blend until pureed. Prepare pasta according to directions. When draining pasta, reserve about 1/2 cup pasta cooking water. Stir pesto and reserved water into hot pasta and mix until well combined. Sprinkle with black pepper to taste and serve.
Nutrition information per serving-322 calories; 7g protein; 27g carbohydrate;
2g fiber; 21g fat; 2g saturated fat; 2mg cholesterol; 157mg sodium.