Oven Fried Georgia Pecan Chicken
- Serves 6 - 8
- Prep time: 15 min., Cooking time: 30-35 min.
Here is a simple weeknight recipe using pecans and chicken, from Mary Pearson of Big Six Farms. Use whatever mustard you have on hand - grainy, Dijon or tarragon-flavored. These are delicious hot with homemade applesauce or served cold on a green salad the next day.
- 4 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard of your choice
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped Georgia Pecans
- Seasoning salt and pepper to taste
Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry. Cut into serving-size pieces.
Combine buttermilk and mustard in a bowl. Add chicken pieces and turn to coat well. Let marinate for about 10 minutes.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Place pecans on a plate or shallow bowl. Remove chicken pieces from buttermilk mixture and shake off excess. Dredge on all sides in pecans and place pieces on baking sheet. Season with seasoning salt and pepper.
Bake about 30 minutes, or until browned and chicken tests done.