Grilled Salmon with Pineapple Pecan Salsa
- Serves 4
Salmon is one fish that can stand up to the zesty flavors of pineapple, cilantro, and jalapeño used here. Toasted pecans add a welcome crunch.
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup packed cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped Georgia Pecans, toasted
- 4 small salmon steaks (about 5-oz. each)
About 30 minutes before serving, combine the pineapple, red onion, cilantro, jalapeño, and salt to make salsa; set aside.
Prepare a hot charcoal fire or preheat a gas grill. Place the salmon steaks on the grill and cook, turning just once, until the fatty edges are crispy and the salmon looks like it will flake-about 5 - 6 minutes each side.
To serve, stir pecans into salsa; top each salmon steak with about 1/3 cup salsa.
Nutrition information per serving-302 calories; 24g protein; 11g carbohydrates;
2g fiber; 18g fat; 1g saturated fat; 62mg cholesterol; 218mg sodium.