Georgia Pecan Crusted Trout
- Serves 4
Add boiled new potatoes or rice pilaf and a green vegetable for a tasty dinner.
- 4 large trout fillets (about 6-8-oz. each)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Fresh lemon juice to taste
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs, divided in half
- 1 cup roasted Georgia pecans (5-7 minutes at 350 degrees F, until deep brown and glossy)
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg beaten with 2-3 teaspoons water
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided in half
- 2 tablespoon butter, divided in half
Season trout fillets with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Let stand at room temperature for 10 - 15 minutes. Combine 2 tablespoons of bread crumbs with pecans in blender or food processor. Grind pecans finely, combine with remaining bread crumbs and rosemary and transfer to plate.
Dredge fillets in flour, shake off excess. Dip in egg wash. Place fillets skin-side up on crumb mixture, pressing into flesh. In large skillet heat 1 tablespoon each of oil and butter over medium-high heat.
Place 2 fillets, skin-side up in skillet and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Using spatula, turn fillets and cook until opaque in center, about 3 more minutes. Transfer to plate. Repeat with remaining butter, oil and fillets.