Georgia Pecan Confetti Quinoa
- 6 half-cup servings
Quinoa is a delicious gluten-free grain that cooks up light and fluffy like rice but contains more protein. This super side dish recipe featuring confetti colored sprinklings of orange, green and yellow veggies is flavored with garlic and rosemary. Crunchy Georgia Pecans add even more great taste and nutrition because pecans are a super source of heart healthy fats and antioxidants.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ cup diced carrots
- ½ cup diced zucchini squash
- ½ cup diced yellow squash
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (prepared to package directions)
- ¼ teaspoon finely chopped rosemary leaves
- ¼ cup toasted Georgia pecan halves (reserve 2 Tablespoons for garnish)
Heat oil in large skillet and add carrots, zucchini, yellow squash and garlic. Cook until crisp tender. Fold in the cooked quinoa, rosemary and pecans. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper and sea salt. Present quinoa on a large platter and garnish with additional toasted pecans.