Crab Tacos with Corn, Georgia Pecans & Avocado
- Serves 6
To take along on picnics and outings, make the crab and pecan filling in a portable container, pack the tacos separately and let everyone assemble their own when ready to serve.
- 8-oz. crabmeat
- 10 grape or cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup drained canned corn
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 – 3 tablespoon chopped pickled jalapeno
- 2 tablespoon pickling liquid from jalapenos
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup Georgia pecan halves, toasted
- 6 corn taco shells
Several hours or day before serving, combine crabmeat, tomatoes, corn, red onion, bell pepper, lime juice, pickled jalapenos and their liquid, and the cilantro in a medium bowl. Mix well, cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
Just before serving, stir pecans into crab mixture. Peel and pit avocado; mash with salt to form a paste. Spread a thin layer of avocado paste inside each taco shell. Fill shells with crab mixture and serve.
Nutrition information per serving- protein: 11g; fat: 17g; saturated fat: 2g; carbohydrate: 19g; fiber: 3g; sodium: 331 mg; cholesterol: 34; calories: 261.