Chicken Sausage, Spanish Rice & Georgia Pecan Casserole
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 10 min., Baking Time: 25 min.
This recipe lends itself to improvisation—you can use different sausages as well as different flavored rice products. Just be sure to keep the weights and measures the same when making substitutions.
- 6.75-oz. package Spanish rice pilaf
- 2 cups hot tap water
- 8-oz. frozen mixed vegetables (preferably green beans, wax beans and carrots
- 12-oz. package cooked chicken sausage, preferably Cajun style
- 2/3 cup Georgia pecan halves
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Lightly oil a 13” x 9” baking dish.
Combine pilaf mixture and water; microwave, covered, 8 minutes.
Meanwhile put vegetables in warm water to thaw slightly. Cut sausage crosswise diagonally into 3/4-inch chunks. Combine pilaf mixture (including liquid), the drained vegetables, sausage and pecans in baking dish. Cover and bake 25 minutes. Fluff before serving.
Nutrition information per serving: calories: 467; protein: 24g; carbs: 38g; saturated fat: 5g; monounsaturated fat: 13g; polyunsaturated fat: 7g; cholesterol: 68mg; fiber: 5g; sodium: 892mg.