Ultimate Chocolate Cookies With Georgia Pecans
- Makes 2 - 3 dozen
- Georgia Pecan Commission
- 2-oz. unsweetened chocolate
- 6-oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups toasted Georgia pecans, coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Place chocolate in a medium bowl and over a pot of simmering water and melt completely. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
With electric mixer, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, then vanilla and beat on high speed for 2 minutes.
Using low speed, beat in melted chocolate until just combined.
Fold in the flour mixture with a rubber spatula until just combined. Stir in the chips and pecans.
Using a tablespoon or small ice cream scoop, put rounds of dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, putting 8 cookies on each sheet. Bake for 10 - 11 minutes. Cool on a baking sheet.
These ultra-chocolaty cookies are best the day they are made. Leftovers can be wrapped in plastic and stored in an airtight container.