Light Georgia Pecan Pie with Honey Pecan Topping
- Makes 8-10 servings
Georgia Pecan pie always pops up as a favorite. This simple, light six ingredient recipe will quickly win your heart with a show-stopping Honey Pecan Topping. Georgia pecans are highlighted in this picture-perfect dessert with a rich chopped pecan filling and incredible crunch topping. For the crust, the choice is yours with the convenient pre-made pastry shell or prepared rolled pie dough.
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped Georgia pecans
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell or prepared rolled pie dough (formed into a 9-inch pie pan)
- Honey Pecan Topping (recipe follows)
1. Preheat oven 375 F.
2. In mixing bowl, beat together eggs, sugar, corn syrup, flour and vanilla until creamy. Stir in Georgia pecans.
3. Pour into pie shell, bake 40-50 minutes or until pie is set.
Honey Pecan Topping
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup Georgia pecan halves
1. In small pot, combine brown sugar, butter and honey.
2. Cook over low heat until comes to a boil, stirring. Stir in Georgia pecans. Remove from heat.
3. During last 5 minutes of baking, remove pie from oven, spread topping evenly over top. Return to oven. Broil until topping is bubbly and golden brown, watch carefully.
Nutritional information per serving (with 9-inch pie shell):
Protein (g) 4
Carbohydrate (g) 51
Fat (g) 21
Calories from Fat (%) 48
Saturated Fat (g) 3
Dietary Fiber (g) 2
Sugars (g) 41
Cholesterol (mg) 44
Sodium (mg) 150
Diabetic Exchanges: 3.5 other carbohydrate, 4 fat