Honey Bee Brownies
- Makes 48 2" x 2 1/2" pieces
- 5-oz. unsweetened chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 1 pound, 2-oz. (1-1/2 cups) honey
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 7-oz. (1-1/2) biscuit mix
- 12-oz. ( 2-3/4 cups) Georgia pecans, chopped
- Chocolate frosting
Melt chocolate; cool slightly. Beat eggs; beat in chocolate, honey and vanilla. Thoroughly beat in biscuit mix. Stir in pecans. Pour into greased 12" x 20" x 2" baking pan; bake at 350 degrees F until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool completely . Spread with frosting; let set up.
Gradually beat 1/2 cup boiling water into 1-1/2 pounds powdered sugar. Beat in 5-oz. melted unsweetened chocolate and 3-oz. (1/4 cup) honey, then 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract. Thin frosting with 1-2 tablespoons of boiling water, if necessary.