Cheese Blintzes with Apples, Strawberry & Georgia Pecans
- Makes 6 small servings
- Prep Time: 5 min., Cooking Time: 20 min.
With a supply of blintzes and sorbet in the freezer, and staples such as pecans and apples on hand, this all-season comfort dish can be fixed in minutes.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 13-oz. package frozen cheese blintzes
- 1 apple, preferably Pink Lady or Jonagold, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped Georgia pecans
- 2.5-oz. strawberry sorbet popsicle (such as Cascadian Farm)
- Strawberries to garnish (optional)
In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter; add blintzes and cook over medium-low heat, turning, until golden and hot—15 - 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, in other skillet, melt remaining tablespoon butter. Add apple slices and cook over medium heat to soften slightly. Add pecans and cook 5 minutes.
Break up sorbet and add to apple mixture. Increase heat to medium-high so mixture simmers and sorbet is reduced to rosy syrup that coats apples and pecans. Serve over warm blintzes. Garnish, if desired, fresh strawberries.
Nutrition information per blintz with apple and pecans: calories: 248 ; protein: 5g ; carbs: 25g ; saturated fat: 4g ; monounsaturated fat: 7g ; polyunsaturated fat: 2g ; cholesterol: 61mg ; fiber: 1.5g; sodium: 192 mg.