Carol's Fudge Georgia Pecan Pie
- Serves 16
- Prep time: 15 min., Cooking time: 25-30 min.
Carol Marbury of Leesburg, Ga., shares this decadent fudge pie recipe-perfect for fall or holiday celebrations. It is, without a doubt, the most scrumptious dessert you'll taste, a unique twist on the traditional pecan pie.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Georgia pecan halves (or coarsely chopped)
- 2 9-inch frozen pie crusts, thawed
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In microwave-safe bowl or in saucepan over low heat, melt butter and chocolate. Stir, remove from heat and set aside to cool.
In a large bowl beat eggs, corn syrup, sugar, salt and vanilla. Add chocolate mixture and mix well. Fold in pecans.
Pour batter in two prepared pie crusts. Bake 25-30 minutes, or until top is firm but pie is still soft inside.
Let cool for 20 minutes, then slice and serve warm with ice cream.