Speedy Artichoke Georgia Pecan Pizza
- Makes 8 servings
Ingredients for this spontaneous Mediterranean-inspired "pizza" are at your fingertips, but your whimsy dictates the toppings. The puff pastry crust and pecans are in the freezer. Sun-dried tomatoes and artichokes are on the pantry shelf. And you vary the cheese as to what is in your refrigerator. The oregano makes a nice complement to the pecans, but you could also use thyme, basil, even minced green onion.
- 1 8-oz. frozen puff pastry sheet, thawed but still chilled
- 4-oz. (about 1 cup) feta cheese, crumbled
- 8 pieces (about 1/2 cup) sun-dried tomato packed in oil, roughly chopped
- 4 artichoke hearts packed in oil, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped Georgia pecans
- Coarsely ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Roll thawed, but still cool, puff pastry into a rectangle about 8 by 10 inches. Place on a baking sheet. Scatter crumbled feta evenly over pastry, then scatter on chopped sun-dried tomato and artichoke hearts and the oil that still clings to them.
Scatter oregano leaves on top of vegetables. Distribute pecans evenly over oregano, then season with black pepper to taste.
Place pizza in preheated oven and bake 20 minutes, or until puff pastry dough bakes up crisp and brown and the pecans are toasted. Cut into 8 or 16 appetizer portions and serve at once.