Gluten-Free Candied Georgia Pecans
- Makes 38 2-tablespoon servings
This candied pecan mixture is perfect as a topping for cereals, puddings, yogurt or as served at The Shed at Glenwood, atop gluten-free blueberry pancakes. The gluten-free pecans can even be enjoyed all by themselves as a light snack.
- 1 lb. shelled Georgia pecan halves
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- oil for frying
1. Drop pecans into boiling water.
2. Boil 1 minute.
4. Cover drained pecans with both granulated & powdered sugar.
5. Toss until most sugar has dissolved.
6. Drop pecans into fryer at 375 degrees for 1 minute.
7. Drain & spread pecans onto sheet tray to cool.
Nutritional information per serving:
Protein (g) 1
Carbohydrate (g) 6
Fat (g) 12
Calories from Fat (%) 83
Saturated Fat (g) 1
Dietary Fiber (g) 1
Sugars (g) 5
Cholesterol (mg) 0
Sodium (mg) 0
Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 carbohydrate, 2 fat