Georgia Pecan Wafers
- Makes about 30 wafers
- 3 tablespoons clarified butter or vegetable oil
- 2 large baking potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups sliced Georgia pecans, lightly toasted
- 2 lightly beaten egg whites
- 1 tablespoon coarse or kosher salt
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Brush a cookie sheet or sheet pan with clarified butter or vegetable oil. Place potato slices on the cookie sheet.
Place pecans in a small bowl. Add egg whites and salt, mix until combined. Spoon pecan, egg white mixture over potato slices and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are crisp and pecans are nicely and browned.
Serve pecan wafers with drinks, as a garnish, with salad and as an accompaniment to a lamb dish.