Georgia Pecan Mix
- Makes 11 cups, about 24 servings
- Prep time: 15 min., Cooking time: 30 min.
This handy mix is so much more interesting than the usual party mix. It keeps well and is both suitable for gift-giving or as a last-minute hors d'oeuvre.
- 2 cups Georgia pecan halves
- 3 cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups cheese-flavored fish-shaped crackers
- 2 cups toasted oat cereal
- 1 cup thin pretzel sticks
- 2 cups oyster crackers
- 1 .4-oz. package buttermilk salad dressing mix
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup raisins
Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
In a large bowl combine pecans, popcorn, fish crackers, cereal, pretzels and oyster crackers. Combine salad dressing mix and oil in glass measuring cup. Pour dressing over dry ingredients and toss well. Spread mixture on an ungreased baking sheet and bake 30 minutes.
Let cool on pan and stir in raisins. Store in 3-quart airtight container.
Packaging tip: Pour into plastic bags, tie with a pretty plaid ribbon and attach the recipe.