Georgia Pecan Crusted Chicken Breasts
- 6 chicken breast halves, skin removed
- 1/2 cup Sesame Lemon Dressing
- 1 cup crushed Stoned Wheat Thins, or other crisp wheat cracker
- 1/2 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup Georgia Pecan pieces, toasted
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
Prepare the Sesame Lemon Dressing. Wash and pat dry the chicken breasts. Place in a shallow non-corrosive pan and pour the Sesame Lemon Dressing over the chicken breasts. Set aside in the refrigerator to marinate for 30 minutes (and up to 2 hours).
In the bowl of a food processor, combine the Stoned Wheat Thins, Asiago cheese, basil, parsley, pepper and pecans and process to crumb.
Remove the breasts from the dressing and discard the dressing. Coat both sides with pecan crumbs. Place on a buttered baking sheet, drizzle with the melted butter and roast 25 minutes until crisp and browned and cooked through.
Sesame Lemon Dressing
- 3 tablespoons sesame seed oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot water
Whisk together sesame oil, vegetable oil, shallots, lemon peel, lemon juice and soy sauce. Whisk in the hot water and set aside to combine the flavors.