Georgia Pecan Blue Cheese Ball
- Serves 20
- Prep time: 10 min., Chilling time: 2 hr.
Down Georgia way in the autumn of the year, college football is a serious matter and so are the picnics that precede them. This cheese ball is a recipe that Dolly Pennington's mother-in-law would traditionally tote to the University of Georgia games.
- 2 8-oz. packages cream cheese
- 2 5-oz. jars Kraft Old English sharp cheese spread
- 1 8-oz. bottle creamy blue cheese salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped Georgia pecans
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- Garlic salt to taste
With an electric mixer, blend cheeses, salad dressing, Worcestershire sauce, onion and garlic salt until smooth. Divide mixture into two balls and wrap in plastic. Chill at least two hours. When cold, roll cheese balls in chopped pecans and serve with crackers.